Here is the recipe for the same..
1 cup of rice
2 medium sized tomatoes
3 green chilies
1 small sized onion (Cut in thin slices)
1/4th inch cinnamon stick
3 whole cardamoms
1tsp ginger garlic paste
Pinch of turmeric powder
1tsp red chili powder (as per your spice level)
1. Cook rice and keep it aside
2. In a blender make a puree using tomatoes and green chilies
3. Take a pan add oil, once the oil is hot add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, and cashews. Once cashews turn golden color, add ginger garlic paste and stir it till the raw flavor goes.
4. Now add sliced onions and stir till onions turn golden color.
5. Add tomato puree, turmeric, chili powder and salt. Cook till tomato puree becomes thick.
6. Reduce the flame and add cooked rice to the tomato puree and mix it well.
Delicious yummy tomato rice is ready to be served.
Garnish with chopped coriander and serve it with raita.. I am sure you will love this rice.