Kobbari Undalu / Coconut Jaggery Laddu


Coconut Jaggery Laddu is my contribution to "A Fruit A Month", an event which is started by Maheswari of "Beyond the Usual" blog. Suganya from "Tasty Palettes" is guest hosting this month for AFAM and her fruit of choice is "Coconut". Thanks for hosting Suganya, great choice!

Information: Coconut is very commonly used in most of the south indian recipes . I still remember my childhood drinking the coconut water from freshly cut coconuts from our Grand mother's house.

If I start listing the items which we make with coconut it will take weeks to finish this post. So for now I am going to talk about the Coconut Jaggery laddu which I made yesterday. This sweet is very easy to make with few ingredients.

So let's not waste time. Try this delcious sweet.



Ingredients:

1 cup of fresh grated Coconut,(Can be substitued with frozen grated coconut)
1 1/2 cup of grated Jaggery (Grate or cut the jaggery into small pieces) (You can always adjust the sweetness as per your taste)

Preparation:

Add coconut, jaggery in a heavy bottom vessel on medium heat. In few minutes jaggery will start melting, let coconut cook well in the jaggery syrup. Stir continuously. If the mixture is looking too dry add little bit water to get the pakam. Cook until the mixture comes close/thick. Do not cook for too long then the laddus becomes hard. Turn off the heat and keep it aside for few mts. When the mixture is still warm grease your palm with ghee/oil and start making small rolls with the mixture.




Note: You can garnish these rolls with cashew nuts.(Optional)

This makes very delicious dessert. My kid love to eat these rolls.

Storage: These will stay for a week in room temperature.




26 comments:

  1. I made Kobbari Mithai for her too, I love the color of your's, beautiful!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I love Kobbari Mithai too. I liked the idea of adding pineapple flavor to the kobbari mithai. Will definately try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sailaja,

    That round ball of goodness just melts even in my eyes...as soon as I saw it, I could taste it as well...I remember the taste of this one from my home even now..thanks for the recipe and the wonderful pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have saved some for me! I can vouch that it tastes as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious ladoo Sailaja. Never made with Jaggery... Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ladoo looks mouthwatering, and with jaggery taste even better huhh...wonderful post!!! I also made coconut ladoo, will post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for all your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sailaja,
    Kobbri undalu chala bagunayi.Love the colour. My mother makes it same way.I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sireesha.I learned it from my mother only, but mine is not comparable with her :) She is too good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sailaja-

    lovely jaggery ladoos, we use this as kozhakattai puranam/stuffing. I've added you to my Bay area food bloggers list. Too bad you couldn't make it to the lunch on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mitr,

    Yes we do use the same stuffing for Kajjikayalu. Yea I missed the lunch, next time will definately try to make it.

    -Sailaja

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sailaja,

    Last time I made these it turned out so hard that it was pretty much like cricket ball. your look great

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sreedevi,

    If you cook for long then it will become hard. That way this sweet is little tricky; u should always be monitoring. Try again and let me know how it came out.

    This sweet is my daughter's favorite, so I make atleast once a month. :)

    -Sailaja

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing looking laddoos yaar... too good color...

    ReplyDelete
  15. mi kobbari laddulu bale merustunayi.
    this is my fav. one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have not had one of these since I was a kid! they are soooo good! Big time yummy!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks everybody for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi your ladoos looked yummy,we make it this way as poornam for the kozhakattai's

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Usha,
    Thanks for the comments. Even we do the same for Kajjikayalu.
    -Sailu

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I was your friend or next door neighbour to enjoy all your recipies;o)))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi,

    Thanks for the receipy. The dish reminded me of my childhood memories when we visited Ramakrishna Mission, Mumbai and used to ask swamijis for these laddus. Now the receipy taste the same.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sailaja.. Thanks for this tasty recipe.. I tried it today and the ladoos turned out just amazing... A fantastic homemade dessert ... Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Madam,

    This is my favourite of all of the sweets. The pictures you have placed is a feast to my eyes. I am good at eating them, need to try to make them. Hope I get the same colour and taste.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can we refrigerate these laddus

    ReplyDelete
  25. من اهم عيادات تحويل المسار في مصر عيادة أحمد عبد السلام تقدم رعاية طبية ممتازة في بيئة آمنة ومريح يتأكدون من أن كل مريض يتلقى اهتمامًا شخصيًا طوال تجربته الكاملة في العيادة حتى يتمكنوا من الحصول على نتيجة ناجحة من إجرائهم. إذا كنت تبحث عن تجاوز متفوق

    ReplyDelete