Jungle Theme Baby shower cake for my friend

_DSC1238_rcake

Today we celebrated one of my close friend's baby shower. I made jungle theme cake for the shower. All the animals on the cake are made with fondant.

It is a red velvet cake with very little red color. After a lot of thinking finally decided to frost the cake with Cream cheese instead of Fondant. To keep the animals from melting with moistness of cheesecake, I kept wax paper underneath each animal while decorating the cake.

Cake recipe adapted from here.

Here are the pictures of the same.

Making of Balloons and Palm tree:

I made blue balloons as well. But my daughter asked me not to put it since it is not going well with the theme

_DSC1219_rcake

Close up of animals while drying:

_DSC1217_rcake

Close up of 2nd tier :

_DSC1232

Cooling, Frosting cake:

_DSC1188_rcake

_DSC1194_rcake

_DSC1205_Rcake
Lady bugs, Lion, Giraffe ,Monkey:

_DSC1189_rcake

_DSC1164_rcake

_DSC1157_rcake

_DSC1155_rcake


Last but not least cake slice :)

_DSC1339_rcake

Sending this cake to Crazy for Cakes by Priya Mahadevan


18 comments:

  1. Wowww am speechless, wat a fabulous cake, looks absolutely professional..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow superb and so professionally made cake !! Loved it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sailaja, really really pretty, very well done looks so professional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely cake dear! I am sure it was a super hit - check out my eventhttp://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com/2011/02/announcing-second-guest-event.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow amazing I love all the cute animals and their details.You have given each awonderful character.Indeed very talented and artistic work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Everyone. Everyone loved the cake in the party.
    @Priya Mahadevan, Thanks for invite for the event. submitted the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thrilled to see this cake in Raki's babyshower pics(she is my cousin), it is a small world! Glad you were able to do it for her :)) You did a great job with the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Namratha, I know about you from Raki. I do visit your blog. You are absolutely right world is too small. :)
    Thanks for your comments. I am glad she liked the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really mind blowing.I have no other words to say...

    ReplyDelete
  10. My my my look at all the praises you are getting all because of me ;o)
    But you are really sweet Sailaja to have made such a beautiful, skillfully crafted, time consuming cake just for me, taking time out from your busy schedule for your friend. I am really lucky to have a friend like you :o)
    The cake was yummy, you know I ate all the cake I got home ;o).
    The animals are all so cute, I just keep looking at them now and then and keep smiling, sweet pies they are...

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Raki, I am glad you liked the cake. I had fun making the cake for my close friend. I am lucky to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Sailaja,

    The cake looks very good..the animals are too cute esp the giraffe. I am planning for a similar cake for my son's birthday and have trouble finding good instructions for making fondant giraffee and Zebra. Would you be able to post more details on how you made those animals. Appreciate your help!

    TIA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,

    Please send me your email I will send the details for making animals

    -Sailaja

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please send the instructions to supreetha@ gmail.com.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome theme cake...all animals look so cute

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi I would also like to know the instructions to make animals. My email id is supriyacr@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the informative article! waiting for your next post.- cake for kids birthday.

    ReplyDelete