Celebrating India's Victory of winning Cricket World cup with Sugar cookies

_DSC1414_cookies

"Dreams do come true". My dream of seeing Sachin Tendulkar lifting cricket world cup is fulfilled today. I cannot express in words how happy I am today. Cricket is like religion in India and Sachin is god of cricket. 1 and half month of anxiety completed today with nail biting match between India and Sri Lanka.. What a match !!!. I think almost every Indian can relate to my feelings..

I was awake all night watching the match and was tensed like crazy last 3 hours of match. Finally good moments arrived and we won the cup back after 28 years.

First thing after the match was a call from my mom. Everyone in my family was jumping with happiness. I was also doing the same with joy. I think celebrations in India will continue for few months. To celebrate the happiness I have decided to make sugar cookies and decorate with icing.

I used Alton Brown's recipe for Sugar Cookies. Here is the link for the same

_DSC1382_cookies


Process:

_DSC1349_cookies

_DSC1351_cookies

_DSC1355_cookies

_DSC1361_cookies

_DSC1374_cookies

_DSC1391_cookies

_DSC1412_cookies

7 comments:

  1. lovely way of celebrating the super -win sailaja ! good one !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat a great looking and beautiful biscuits,love that flags..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow very cute and beautiful cookies !! Loved the cute flags !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the different shapes and especially the tricoloured ones...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a victory it is....and i love the way you have celebrated this moment!! Awesome cookies.....and i also liked your Paneer paratha...Following You!!

    ReplyDelete