Chocolate cupcakes with Nutella Buttercream frosting

Its amazing how fast kids grow up. Whenever I look at my daughter and her friends I feel that. It just feels like they were small little kids yesterday, today they turned into young adults. Even though it took usual course of time but it feels like time is flying at rocket speed(especially on birthdays).   Even though growing up is a natural course, but sometimes I really feel time should be paused and all kids remain as kids :)

Coming to tonight's recipe, I baked these yummy cupcakes for my daughter's best friend who turned 16 today. She loved the cup cakes.  Few cupcakes I shared with my colleagues as well.  I am so glad all my hard work (Started at 9pm and finished at 1.30am including cleaning and frosting)  paid off and everyone loved the outcome.



Here is the recipe for the same.

Use any of your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe. I used my regular chocolate cake recipe.

Once cup cakes are cooled remove the core using a knife or apple core remover. I used knife to remove small part of the cake and filled with frosting and covered with the cake as a lid. Pipe frosting as you like and enjoy the divine bite.

Nutella Buttercream frosting: Recipe source web.

Modified a bit to reduce sweetness.

1 13oz Nutella bottle (I used 3/4 of the bottle) (To make it vegan friendly you can make your own Nutella at home.. Recipe link for home made vegan friendly nutella Vegan-Nutella)
1 cup sifted confectioner sugar
3 tbsp milk
pinch of salt
1tea spoon vanilla extract
2 sticks butter at room temperature (You can substitute Vegan butter to make it vegan)

Beat Nutella and butter until creamy smooth mixture using electric mixer. Now add slowly sugar, milk and vanilla extract and beat on high speed until frosting becomes smooth and fluffy.  If the desired consistency is not achieved you can add additional spoon of milk till you reach desired consistency.

Next time when you have a birthday party try these yummy cupcakes. I am sure this recipe will be a crowd pleaser.

_DSC0518

_DSC0506
_DSC0498

0 comments:

Post a Comment