Vegan Zucchini bread

Last week my friend brought me organic zucchinis from farmers market. Looking at fresh zucchinis first thing that came to my mind was to make zucchini bread.  Since last week was my volunteer work at Shiridi Sai baba temple I decided to make this bread vegan so I could distribute it in the temple. I am glad that everyone in the temple loved it and wanted me to share the recipe. 

Here is the recipe for the same


_DSC1007


Ingredients:

3 cups of all-purpose flour
2 tea spoons of Organic vanilla extract
2 cups of grated zucchini
3 flax eggs - ( 1 flax egg-- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds into 3 tbsp warm water. mix and keep it aside)
1 tea spoon baking soda
1/2 tea spoon baking powder
1 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
1/4 cup of dried cranberries
fistful or 1/8 cup of raisins
1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 tea spoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tea spoon nutmeg powder
1/4 tsp salt

Yields 2 loaf pans or 1 loaf pan and 24 muffin cups.

_DSC0970

_DSC0962

_DSC0973

_DSC0986



Preparation:

Pre heat ove 350 degrees F. Grease loaf pans. ( I used on loaf pan and one bunt pan)

Dry Ingredients:
Sift flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, spices(nut meg and cinnamon).

Wet Ingredients:
In a large bowl beat  sugar, oil, once sugar is dissolved slowly add flax eggs and beat. Once mixture turns into creamy add vanilla extract. Now add zucchini and mix well.

Now add dry ingredients to the creamy mixture(wet ingredients) slowly and mix well. Add nuts and dried cranberries, raisins and fold the batter.

Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
Bake for 40 mts or till tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. I always keep my timer for 30 mts and check if it is still not done and increase the time to 10 mts interval so that I don't burn the cake/bread

Cool the bread on a rack for 20 to 30 mts or till it cools completely.
Yummy and delicious bread is ready to be served.

Cut the bread in slices and serve..

_DSC1011


_DSC1014

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely delish and easy to make. I’ve already made this bread twice in the last week. It is surprisingly light textured and so moist. Extended my cooking time about 10-15 additional minutes. Thank you for this recipe!

    regards,
    irene of Cash Advance Business

    ReplyDelete