Fried Masala Idly

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving weekend. I did relax watching lot of movies and did few recipes finally trying to post those recipes one by one. Today's recipe is Fried Masala Idly. Whenever My daughter and I used to go to Tirupathi Bhimas my kid always used to order Fried Masala Idly. It is her favorite recipe in that restaurant. Last Tuesday I had few left over idlies at home so thought of making Fried masala idly for dinner.



Very simple and delicious recipe.

Ingredients:

6 idlies cut into cubes
3 Green Chilies slit length wise
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp urad dal
1tsp cumin seeds
1tsp red chili powder (Adjust as per your spice level)
1 medium sized onion
curry leaves
salt as per taste( very little since idlies are cooked with salt)
pinch of turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder (Adjust as per your spice level)
1tsbsp oil
1tsp lemon juice


Preparation:

In a Pan add oil. Once oil is hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and urad dal. Once mustard seeds start spluttering add curry leaves, green chilies and onions. Once onions turned into golden color add chili powder, masala powder, little bit salt and turmeric powder.
Now add cubed idlies and mix well and shallow fry them for 2 more mts and remove it from heat and mix with lemon juice as per your taste.







Serve it with chutney or Raita.

3 comments:

  1. Hey where do you live? by any chance in LA or closer? I have also made this fried idli but from Sailu's kitchen, love the variety :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Priya, I live in Bay area.. thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Idly is so versatile,with unlimited options to try differently, even I make this. Liked the pictures in your blog.

    ReplyDelete