No Butter/Cream Paneer butter masala

Looks like I am in full swing of cooking this week. Even though I was so tired still managed to cook Paneer butter masala and Paneer bhurji for today's dinner. Before writing this post I was debating myself should I call this recipe Paneer butter masala or not? Since I haven't used butter nor cream for this recipe. Finally ended up calling No Butter Paneer butter Masala.
This recipe is very simple and low calorie when you compare with restaurant style butter masala.

Variation: You can substitute Paneer with Tofu. I did make this recipe with Tofu. Believe me it is a hit. My daughter loves this curry.



Here is the recipe for the same.

Ingredients:

1/4 pound of paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) cut into small cubes
3 tomatoes
1 bell pepper cut into cube sized
1tbsp cashews
1 medium sized garlic clove
4 green chilies (You can increase as per your spice level/ You can substitute with red chili powder)
salt as per taste
1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves
1 tbsp olive oil ( you can use any oil. Usually I cook with olive oil)

Preparation

Grind tomatoes, cashews, garlic and chilies into fine paste. In a pan add 1 tsp oil slightly saute paneer cubes and bell peppers separately and keep it aside.




In the same pan add 1 tsp oil and add tomato paste and boil till the rawness goes away.



Now add salt, crushed kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves) , paneer and bell peppers. Adjust the salt and cook for 5 more mts.



Delicious Paneer butter masala is ready to be served. Serve with nan or roti.

7 comments:

  1. Definitely this no cream and no butter masala makes me hungry, thanks for sharing, will try out soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks rich, happy following you!

    http://entepachakalokam.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. droolworthy,creamy and delicious.you have a nice blog.you can visit my blog and give ur comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is something worth bookmarking, no butter or cream and still looking delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sailaja you really are on a cooking spree. Paneer butter masala on a weekday for dinner is an achievement and making it this healthy at the same time definitely calls for a kitchen achievement award! :o)

    The curry looks awesome and so creamy, I was waiting for something to pop out of the recipe, but this one is really simple and looks awesome, will let you know how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete