Today I made dessert using Ragi flour for my kid.
I hope all of you will try this delicious and healthy dessert.
Ingredients1 cup of Ragi(Finger millet)flour
1 cup of brown Sugar/Jaggery/Sugar( It can be reduced as your sweet level)
2 cups of Water
1/4 cup of Ghee
pistachios or Almonds for decorating
- Roast Ragi flour in the ghee till the raw flavor goes(approximately 5 to 8 mts).
- Grease the pan with ghee and keep it aside.
- In a separate vessel/pan add sugar , cardamom powder and water. Boil for 5 -10 mts till sugar is dissolved.
- In the sugar syrup add roasted ragi flour and keep stirring till the mixture starts leaving the ghee. This might take 5 mts.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the mixture into the greased pan. Cut into cubes and garnish with crushed nuts.
The delicious Ragi halwa is ready to serve.