It is been long time since I posted any recipe in my blog. Finally I have decided to make an effort to update my blog at least weekly once. Today's recipe is one of my favorite for breakfast. If you are looking for something healthy and nutritious breakfast try this Creamy fruit Parfait. Luscious combination of summer fruits and yogurt is delicious.
This recipe can be even served as healthy dessert.
Note: This recipe is very popular in Greek Island of Kythera.
Chopped fruits (Any type of fruit)
1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
2 cups of Greek style Yogurt. (Instructions below for the Greek style yogurt)
2tbsp of honey
Greek style Yogurt:
In a cheese cloth pour natural yogurt. Tie the cloth so it is suspended above a bowl. If your sink is deep enough, gather up the corners of the cloth and tie it to the faucet.
Let the yogurt drain the water into the bowl for at least 12 hrs.
Transfer the thickened drained yogurt into a bowl.
Note: This yogurt can be used as dips.
1. Place finely chopped fresh fruits in a serving bowl.
2. Spoon 1/3rd of the yogurt into the bowl.
3. Top with half the fruit mixture.
4. Repeat with another layer of yogurt and fruit, then top with the remaining yogurt.
5. Top with chopped walnuts and remaining fruit mixture.
6. Drizzle the honey over the nuts and yogurt.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill at least for 1 hr.
Delicious creamy fruit parfait is ready to be served.
Vary the fruit to whatever is best in the market. In winter, replace the fresh fruits with a dried fruit mixture.