I can't believe January is coming to an end. Time seems to be flying. Like every year this year also started with a hectic schedule for me. With all the hectic schedule it is very hard to keep healthy eating habits. I don't like to eat out much nor eat anything packed or frozen. Also a strong believer in eating fresh food every day. With all these restrictions I have to be innovative and healthy in my recipes. So sometimes, it gets little hard to decide what to cook on a weekday.
Today's recipe is an outcome of innovative healthy cooking. Instead of cooking stir fry tofu decided to give indian touch and decided to make Tofu in Spianch gravy like Palak paneer.
Very simple yet very healthy and vegan to. So next time when you want a variation in palak paneer try this recipe.
2tbsp of oil
1 bunch of spinach/ 4 cups of baby spinach
1 pack of extra firm tofu(8oz) cut into cubes or any shape which you like. I used Organic sprouted extra firm Tofu
1 medium sized tomato (finely chopped) or blanch and puree
1 medium sized onion (finely chopped)
2-3 green chilies
1tsp ginger garlic paste
1tsp garam masala/curry powder
pinch of turmeric powder
1tbsp red chili powder
Salt to taste
1. Blanch spinach, green chilies and puree in a food processor.
2. Stir fry cubed tofu till they turn golden color. (You can skip this step if you want soft tofu in your curry)
3. Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel. Add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste and salt (Salt helps to cook onions faster). Once onions turn golden color add curry/garam masala powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder.
4. Add chopped tomatoes/tomato puree. Once tomatoes are cooked completely in masala/spices add spinach puree.
5. Once spinach puree starts boiling add Tofu cubes. Cook for 5-6 mts on low heat. Give a taste test and adjust spices.
Turn off the heat and serve with nan/roti.