Shrikhand

Today I am writing a simple sweet which is very delicious. The sweet name is Shrikhand.
When I used to live in Mumbai my friends made me to taste this sweet. Since then I became a fan of this sweet. I used to think this is very difficult to make till I came to know how to make it so simple from one of my co-workers.
Today I invited few friends since their parents are going back to India in few more weeks. Even though they are Telugu people they live in Mumbai. So I thought this is the best sweet to treat the elders.
Maharashtrians eat Shrikhand for their breakfast along with Puris.
Since it is made from curd, very good for kids who doesn't like to eat the curd in a regular format.

I hope you all will try this delicious and simple sweet.



Ingredients:

1 cup if curd/yogurt
3/4th cup powdered sugar(You can add more sugar based on your sweet level. I like to keep less sweet so I have added 3/4 cup) . If the sugar is in crystal form grind it and make it like poweder so that it is easy to dissolve in curd.
1/2 tsp. cardamom powder

few strands saffron(optional)
1/2 tbsp. pista & almond crushed
Grapes diced(Optional)

To keep it super simple way of making Shrikhand start with any yogurt (it can be fat free/full fat). Tie curd in a clean muslin/cheese cloth(you can use any cloth which is very thin material) and hang it anywhere where the liquid can drain from the curd. ( I used my sink water pump to hang). Hang it for 5-6 hours or overnight.

Rub saffron into 1 tbsp. warm milk until it dissolves. Keep it aside.


Once the water is drained from curd remove it in a bowl add powdered sugar,Cardamom powder. Beat well using whisk or spoon till sugar is completely dissolved in curd. Add dissolved saffron and half of the nuts and mix it.




Keep it in refrigerator. Serve it with remaining crushed nuts like pistachio,walnuts/almonds. You can also add few fruits like grapes.




Note: If you like mango flavored Shrikhand(Aamrakhand) add mango pulp at the time of adding cardamom powder.

0 comments:

Post a Comment